Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: My workprinter transfer service demo and meeting

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is one mpg-file (a big one, about 58Mbits) of my WP transfer demo, I showed to the public during the first Finnish 8/16 mm forum www.digivideo.org/forum/list.php?f=14 meeting 7.9.2002 at Espoo, Finland:

    http://www.sorb-i-tol.com/wp3transferservice.mpg

    The meeting was totally success.

    We had about 30-40 participants, about 30 different kind of cameras from standard 8 to really expensive crystal synched Arriflex SRII (16 mm), sound eguipment (including absolute mint stereo Nagra), film cartridges from Polarvision to 50 meter super 8, a lot of books, old magazines, Steinbeck's both super 8 and 16 cutting boards etc.

    Also we had many demos during this day including my WP-demo (and I immediately received 30 cartridges for transfer!) , Mikko's super sound striping demo, Lauri Hirvonen's history (he wrote many articles of single and super 8 cameras and projectors to Finnish magazines during 70's), Arriflex SRII/Krasnogorsk-3/Nagra-demo and finally absolutely great demo from mister Jan-Erik Nystr?m (the man behind this Animato-site: http://www.sci.fi/~animato/.

    During evening and night we watched lot of 16 mm and super 8 films including Anssi Puisto's www.kolumbus.fi/puistot/ nice music videos.

    I'll make also a little mpg-movie of that meeting, when I'll receive all material.
    _________________
    Best Regards

    Jukka Sillanpaa
    www.sorb-i-tol.com

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It took about 20 minutes for my high speed DSL to down load but man was it worth it. I build the darned things and, frankly, this is probably the best WorkPrinter footage I've seen yet. Terrific, Jukka. Really, really outstanding.

    If anyone can spare the time for the download, I highly recommend it. Some of the footage looks as good as any neg I've ever seen Ranked, especially some of the snow skiers in their high speed race down the mountains and some of the early morning shots in the alleyways of a small European town.

    My head is still spinning. Just oustanding.

    Roger

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice job. Beautiful images from start to finish.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks great. Good camera work on the slopes.

    At times the film could have been cleaned better though.

  5. #5
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    I'm sure--based on the other clips that you've uploaded--that the clips looks as great as everybody says it does. However, I can't spare the ten hours or so it would take to download it. Do you think you could break the clip up into several small files so that us poor souls stuck with 56.6K modems can see them without having to let the computer download all night?

    I apologize if I sound bitter.

    Tom

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for your comments!


    "At times the film could have been cleaned better though"

    I agree that, I had only two evenings to complete this demo, so I haven't much time to clean them better.

    Also some of these skiparts have many scratches. Normally I recommend to client himself to do deeper cleaning, I only do basic cleaning with ati-static fabric.

    Have you experinences using Ecco-cleaner?

    I know, that they use normal pure alcohol to clean 8 mm films in one commercial rank service place in Finland.

    I wonder, would it damage your films, using this way to clean your films?

    Mikko told me that one guy in Finland noticed by putting transparent plastic plate close to projector film gate would remove existing scratches, so this same way could use also with WP??! Have to test this one, have you Roger tested this kind of solution?


    "Do you think you could break the clip up into several small files so that us poor souls stuck with 56.6K modems can see them without having to let the computer download all night? "


    Of course I'd do that.

    What is the right single file size, that would be ok for you and other modem users?

    1 Mbits, 2 Mbits, 5 Mbits?

    Do you want me to keep image quality same?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jukkasil:

    Have you experinences using Ecco-cleaner?

    I know, that they use normal pure alcohol to clean 8 mm films in one commercial rank service place in Finland.

    I wonder, would it damage your films, using this way to clean your films?

    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I have used the ECCO and I think it works great. It cleans and lubricates which gets rid of the static that the dust likes to stick to. I also clean the film path of the projector with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •